1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

opinions on price

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by SNHSERV05, Jan 29, 2006.

1. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

I am looking at a 1986 f-350 dump body,w/9' fisher,and a 1.5 or 2 yd fisher sander on it. trucks cab corners are gone need to be replaced,some rust on frame and dump body, few rots spots on dump body, has a pto dump,has about 122,000 on truck,4spd manual,everything works, just needs some tlc........which I can give, the truck is being sold for $2,500.00 just asking if this is fair, I know the plow is worth atleast that, and the sander is worth close to it in the condition its in. I was looking at the aspect of it being a 1986, opinions would be ok, thanks guys ................and women, THINK SNOW, HASENT BEEN ENOUGH YET. raining now in southern nh
  2. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

3. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

A plow setup from the '80s is only worth $500-$800. That is a decent price for a dump though, so long as it runs very well. -Phillip
  4. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Hey jump on it,:redbounce if everything runs and works! As long as it won't take too much to pass inspection! That truck if it was just a yard truck working in a mall lot would be making an easy 75/hr. Basically if you have work for it and it doesn't break the rest of the winter--It should pay for itself!
  5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

would be fine we have one 86 f350 dump which is awesome and one 84 3500 dump they are great picked the f350 up for a good price 2years back and hasnt had problems with it, and the 84 up last spring jst got it finished right b4 thanksgivin and has been nothing but great as well we put an elc. dump system since the pto was real messed up saved us more money in the long run...the old trucks are good i think...they went made cheap....

but i would have to say dont wait jump on it b4 someone else does...thats a good deal in my opion