1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on New Holland Tv-140

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by m_falafel, Sep 16, 2012.

1. m_falafel

m_falafel Member

Anyone have any experience with those New-Holland TV-140?

Depending on who I'm talking to, it either is the best machine on earth, or the worst one ever.

I'd use it for my industrial and commercial clients.

I found one with about 4000 hours on it, price is interesting but someone told me they need some kind of overhauling when they reach 4000hrs.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Blowerman I believe and Neige have these machines maybe send them a PM and get the scoop from them. Very expensive machines to maintain from what I hear. Looked into one before I bought my Kubota M135, very high purchase price, unusual tires, extreme complexity, and also pretty unique, so if you HAD to have something that did what it could do, not many other options similar in the states, maybe Quebec is different? Paul(Neige) is near Montreal, and he had one when I was there last year, he would steer you straight.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks, thought I was going to have to warm up my typing fingers, but you nailed it.
    They are a love hate relationship. Very expensive and there are many other tractors you can buy for less.

What type of plowing set up were you looking to install on the TV140?
  4. m_falafel

m_falafel Member

What makes me want that type of machinery is the way it turns (like a wheel loader). Normal agri tractors are almost impossible to steer when your pushing some snow. I tried a small loader last winter and I was amazed how easier it was to clear my big lot.

It already comes with a 8'-14' extendable pusher on the three point hitch. Here's a pic of it:

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

My opinion is they steer great. You can turn on a dime. The tv145 could out turn my Deere 444K anyday with comparable plows. They will also out push alot of other AG tractors.
    I guess the biggest downside was that everything seems to be made specific to the Bi-drives. Alternator goes out, yep, need the special one. Tires, not a standard size.
    For the right price, I wouldn't hesitate to add the TV140 if I were you.
  6. rdl

rdl Member
    from Quebec

We build attachments not tractors but all the customers I speak to that are actually using this machine are happy with it's performance, and I have gotten great feedback in terms of comfort, which after a long day of work, will come into play. If you have a dealer you trust for parts and service it is a solid machine.