1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on my Craigslist Find

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firefighter1406, Jan 20, 2011.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I found this yesterday and have always liked the way trucks look with one of these on it. I went and bought it today, put it on this afternoon. I like the way it looks from the back but I am not thrilled on how it is so far away from the cab. We will see, not liking it as much as I thought I would, but I am undecieded as to keep it or not, it might grow on me. Would like it better with some back up lights, and if I get the real backrack tool box mounts, not the scrap pieces of aluminum I had in the garage. But anyways what do you guys think?

Before
    [​IMG][/IMG]

After
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Not so good side view
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

I think it looks good. keep it for now

3. ProLawn Outdoor

ProLawn Outdoor Senior Member

Looks good. Are you sure thats the one made for the superduties? my buddy bought one for his chevy off a superduty and it looked like crap, didn't really fit quite right. What did it come off of?

4. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Came off a 2000 superduty. So there might be little adjustment that could be done. It might be better after I get the real tool box brackets from back rack. They might help stand it more upright to the cab.

5. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

The cab slopes forward, so that is why the gap looks the way it does. I find mine is extremely useful for attaching things-strapping stuff in. Would never live without one.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

you want some gap for when you hit somthing on it. to make room for the spring action with out smackin the cab and messin up the body. :dizzy: