1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Kawasaki 60z

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by HPSInc, Jun 21, 2015.

1. HPSInc

HPSInc Member

Looking to buy a tractor or loader in the 100hp range for snow work and around my shop.

We had a large storm last year of 7ft in a couple days time, I'm sure some of you heard about it. Without a tractor or loader you were getting screwed. I won't be going into this winter without my own machine.

I am between a tractor that I can put a big blower on back, or just getting a loader. I'm still doing my research however I found a 1997 kawasaki 60z with 5800 hours and looks pretty clean. Asking price 28k

I looked up the specs but anyone here have anything to ad? It's not a huge loader, more midsize with a 2 yard bucket and rated 109 hp. I don't know much about loaders but I'm mechanically inclined and been plowing snow for 10 years. I just know it's time for me to get some iron. What do ya's think of this loader for a snow/storm machine?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

7 feet.....sounds like a GV story

Sorry, that's all I got.

3. HPSInc

HPSInc Member

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have ran all kinds of loaders and Kawasaki was about the worst.. the few people I know who have owned them either sold them or have them parked in there junk rows.. I would run away..

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Wouldn't have to run too fast since it would probably breakdown while it chased you

6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Hahah ^^^^^^ made my day.