1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on including salt on a seasonal bid wanted

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ducaticorse, Oct 15, 2012.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I have an account that I bid about 10K on seasonal for labor. Average snowfall for the area is roughly 45 annually. The property in its entirety requires about a ton of salt per application which I have priced separate at $250 per ton. What I need to know is how do I judge the amount of salt I will use? This is a new client, so I am unsure as to how much of a shallacking he is going to consider suitable. To further complicate the issue, he is the new property manager for this unit, and doesn't really have a history to go off of from previous years. I would drop once on a 3 inch and maybe twice on a 6 inch def twice on a 9 inch and so on. Any input from you guys is appreciated. I don't usually do seasonal rates but this property demands it.

2. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Anyway, answered my own question... Bid submitted.