1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on fluids....Meyer plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by poncho62, Jan 24, 2004.

1. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I noticed a few discussions on what fluid to use in various pumps....snowway etc.

Can i get a few opinions on what I can use in my Meyer E47?

I don't mind paying $11/litre of oil, but I have to go out of town to get it. If you all think that I should only use Meyer, I will have to stock up.

I heard also that there was an aftermarket flid that I could use. Maybe some opinions on this too.

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I just use a good grade winter hydraulic fluid. It has the deicer in it. (JMO)I don't think you have to use genuine Meyer fluid. There are aftermarket fluids available. DON'T use ATF in a meyer plow. It will be very slow and have a tendency to ice up since it doesn't have deicer in it.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

blue fluid with deicer i think you can get it at nappa never use tranny fluid not rated for sub zero weather