1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Curtis Plows.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bowtie_guy, Feb 7, 2004.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I notice not too many people have them on this site but there are 2 dealers in town so I was wondering if they are very good?
    Both dealers are garages so they sell them on the side.

The 7'6" blade looks like it would be nice.

Just looking for input.

Thanks

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have a 2001 Chev 3/4 HD with a curtis pro 3000.I love it,easy to get on and off. I have the joy stick easy to use.The built in jack is a nice feature to have.

Regards Mike:nod:

3. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

i may be getting a ford ranger. would the 7'6" curtis be ok for that truck?

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im thinking of a 7.5 curtis for a dodge ram there built tough

5. Huften Lawn

Huften Lawn Junior Member
    from CT

Had a 7.5, traded up to an 8'. Plow is awesome. Name recognition means a lot to some people, but dont wory about that, Curtis will be well known in time.

6. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Curtis is well known to most compact tractor guys, 50 HP and under as a reliable name. I recently purchased a Fisher Plow but only because dealers are close. I did look at the Curtis product at a tractor dealership and almost bought a tractor mounted version a couple of years ago but couldn't justify the expense back then. I do like the lift idea, but was unsure of the full blade trip and I do prefer the edge trip design on the Fisher. I have dropped the fisher leg by accident and it is a bear to lift the mount by your self in order to readjust the height for attachment to your vehicle. I would have liked the Curtis on that occasion.