1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on brightest led hideaway and body mount strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by snowish10, Apr 2, 2015.

1. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

So I bought a new truck 2000 f250, looking to get suggestions on the brightest hideways and body mount strobes or the setup that you use? Looking to dec out my truck in some good bright strobes.

These strobes and atomic cab light and possibly my whelen century light bar will be on my truck.

truck.jpg

2. Feniex cannons and a mini apollo bar

3. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

I have a 27" mag mount bar that I love when I'm around traffic, it was built by a small company in PA.

For the most part i only run my 2 Apollo dual color (A/W) surface mounted on the headgear of the plow (I only run these in strobe mode if I am pulling into a blind intersection otherwise I use these as steady burn flood lights when plowing at night), a Apollo 2x (again A/W dual color) on the dash and a cobra 400 in the back window. The Apollo's have an amazing off angle light dispersion and if I was to start over I would get a Apollo roof bar.

4. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

Feniex Cannons and Cobra T3's for body mount as long as you don't need dual color. The T3 are insanely bright and tiny too.

5. snowish10

The cobras are for sure going to be in the future! I think i might to t6s because I get a good price with strobes and more and they only have t6 on the website. I need the side warning lights for when I go out on the street to do the entrances. Or I also was looking at the sound off intersection light

I do have to say Im very impressed with the apollos

I might get some green cannons for the rear taillights too

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  6. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

The Apollos are great too if you need dual color or the 180 degree optics.

7. snowish10

how are the t3/ t6 with looking at it from not straight on??? Looking to get all 360 degrees of my truck without getting a new light bar and keeping a clean looking truck if that makes sense.

The appollos look like a cheaper way to go to get the 180 compared to the sound off but the sound off has green opinion

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  8. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

The cobras have decent off-axis warning comparable to most other warning lights. I will make a video comparing the three asap. It really depends on what you want, as all three products are amazing. Unfortunately, you are correct no green in the Apollos, only in the T6. Green just isn't as popular as the rest of the colors.

9. snowish10

Thanks!! Maybe I'll do an amber apollo on my tool box when I get one then 1amber and 1 green t 3 or t6 underneath my doors. We have some crazy drivers in chicago that don't care about what your doing

10. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

I hear ya, most people in Jersey think they're driving bumper cars...

11. snowish10

Same here, that's why I want as much warning so they have no problem seeing me. Especially since i just got a "new" truck