1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on a skid loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by NoFearDeere, Jul 24, 2013.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I'm trying to decide...would a Deere 320D skiddy have enough power and weight to push a 8' pusher or not? Dealer has a good deal on one but cant decide if it will be big enough. Its roughly 67 hp, and has 2 speed. Lift capacity with weights is arou d 2250-2300 lbs. Buy a 320D or find a bigger skid loader in the 2500-2600 lb lift range? Opinions are appreciated!
  2. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

That's the perfect size for a 8' box
  3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I think with the right tires and depending on your typical snow falls you might be able to put a 10' on it
  4. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I plow that same machine with same box every storm. I do not have 2 speed though. Never a problem.
  5. NoFearDeere

And would a 320D pickup a pallet of salt and slide it into a pickup bed with weights on it? Thanks for the help guys
  6. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Mine does. I am a couple towns over from you if you want to check it out in person.
  7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Our 773 struggles tipping wise (Use lots of care, slow), with full pallets our 873 no issues, your right in the middle, so you would most likely be fine as long as you use care. Our 873 pushes a 10' pusher or 8' blade no issues as long as you have the right tires to get the power to the ground. We bought a older Bobcat 1600 mini wheel loader, now I don't know I would buy another skidsteer again. The skids have there place in tight areas but the very nature of breaking traction to turn makes it counter prodictive when pushing snow IMO
  8. NoFearDeere

Where you at?
  9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

About an hour and 45 minutes east.
  10. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I have an older (1997) case 1845c. Rated at lifting in the 1700# range. I think a skid of bagged salt is in the 2350# range and I can lift one with my old case. I have to be VERY careful and slow and I don't make it on the first time every time either! Last year was the last year I have to do that though. I bought 2 cat skids this year. So to sum things up, I do think you can lift a pallet of salt up and I do think that you can push a 10' push box on it. I also used the 1845c to push a 10 footer for 4 years. this will be the first year of pushing a 10 footer with a machine that is rated for the box! The old case it getting used as a salt loader from now on!
  11. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 325 and it had tons of power even for a 10' box, the 320 is not too much smaller, so you will be fine with an 8'

Did you buy it??