1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions of E-57 versus E-60

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Dec 17, 2009.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have never used the E57 but have the chance to buy one. How does it compare to the E60? Is it as fast? Is there a drop speed adjustment? Reliability? It seems that on Ebay at least, the prices for the 57's are considerably less than the 60's. I guess I always thought they were the answer to the 60's and the water intrusion that I have heard is common. Any insight or experiences welcome. Thanks.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The E57's are only better in the water intrusion aspect as far as the motors go, since of course they're mounted vertically. They still allow water in through the lift ram if the wiper seal isn't in absolutely perfect condition. Speeds are similar depending on which size ram they're equipped with. An 1 1/8" ram equipped E60 will out speed a 57, since they're all 1 3/4". But if they're both equipped with the larger ram then speeds are virtually identical.

There's no drop speed adjustment on the 57's and that was always the largest complaint from users. But also not having to replace the motor every two years due to corrosion is a plus.

If I HAD to purchase a Meyer pump tomorrow which one would I choose? Neither, I'd go for an E58. Still far from perfect but they are the newest and thus the best pumps Meyer has currently. At least until the Monarch pumps are in full swing. :D