1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions for added visibility

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by zerolatency, Aug 31, 2010.

1. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

Ok so it looks like this year i'll be back to doing some gas stations. Because average joe going to get a 6 pack in the middle of a snow storm in my Mustang GT also seems to be dumb enough to not realize what i'm doing in the lot i'd like to add some extra blinky to my truck and want some advice.

Setup so far: 2007 2500hd 8' blade & tailgate spreader
    Lights: 2 Tir3 in the grill 2 Tir3 under the rear bumper & a R2LP Responder (the one with the Lin6 leds) on the roof.

I like lights but don't have a crap load of money to spend... tell me what you think

2. C&T Landscaping

C&T Landscaping Member

3. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

DAMN......

Would love to but don't think i could afford quite that...

4. C&T Landscaping

C&T Landscaping Member

You don't have to buy it all at once. And check Ebay for emergency lights, they have crap loads on their pretty cheap. Just look out for the Chinese knock offs. They don't last a season before something breaks.

5. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Even tho wizards truck is highly visible ( Nice job Wizard ) as is mine Warning lights on the plow itself on the truck's front , sides , rear and all 4 corner's No matter how many lights or beepers flags whatever you put on your vehicle plowing snow your gonna be a target for being in an accident and sued. If come's down to you and you alone being careful and watching out for your vehicle's movement and movement of all other vehicles on the property your plowing. Remember it's winter, bad conditions and slick

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Get an air horn like in police cars and give it a blast when someone isn't paying attention. As far as I know it's not illegal to have one. Now a siren on the other hand would be illegal. Just a thought?

7. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

why not put a couple of linear 3's on the sides of the spreader so you have more side coverage than just the ends of the lightbar? Strobes-n-more has some of their store brand ones that are a good price, and they are actually made by whelen.

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

9. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Hot dam... I go click on your link and find my old light video... :laughing:

No amount of lights is going to make someone do what you want them to do, just ask any law enforcement officer. You can't fix stupid.

For the record, I never run all those lights at once unless I'm in a busy street opening up an entrance. Most of the time I'm just running front and rear lights. BTW, thanks for reminding me, so much has changed with my truck since that vid, I need to take an updated one... :drinkup: