1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

opinions fisher poly sander and extreme v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by notaclue, Mar 3, 2009.

1. notaclue

notaclue Junior Member

i was wondering how people were making out with the fisher poly sanders i heard some bad stories and i am wondering if they are true. i am also wonduring is irt worth getting a v plow (ss or painted) and what the advantages are on it

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Not sure about the sander but you could probably do a search on them both find out everything you want to know. Just a thought.

3. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

I can't say much about the blade but the sander works great for my needs,I run salt/grit mix through it and never have a problem,wish the hopper was a bit bigger,I just fill er up and can't close the lids on it.
    I tried putting a sand/salt mix throught and it seemed to bridge a bit but installed a viberator on it and that helped maybe just need to adjust the inverted v better.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice equipment to use. Fisher has a problem with center pins breaking on the XV. They have a new hardened pin which is supposed to fix the problem. The latch that secures the spinner to the Polycaster is pretty much a joke. Hardware is too small, and rusts in about 15 minutes.

Most important thing about purchasing this kind of equipment is service, in my experience. My dealer is a fully equiped metalworking shop, with years of Fisher experience. They have saved the day for me on a number of occasions. I agree to search, there's plenty of reading here.