1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions: 60" Arctic Cat Poly Plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Nov 9, 2009.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I just bought a new plow for the quad. It is a 3 month old Arctic Cat plow. It is 60" wide and it is poly. It is yellow. I paid $100 for it. I will get pics of it tomarrow when I pick it up. Does anyone have any advice on these plows? any problems? I know the plow is a light plow should I add weight somehow?

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's the same plow I have on my 2004 Arctic Cat 500. It works realy good, but some times I wish it was a little heavier. One thing you have to change is the clip that you hook your winch hook to, it's junk. Mine broke after 2 or 3 storms. So now I use a shacke insted of the original clip. You got a great deel on that plow. It should work out very well for you.

Shackle 2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya haha. im not actually the one picking it up. my friend who works about 2 miles away from it is going to pick it up for me so I dont have to go out there. I guess the plow looks next to brand new. is the plow easy to angle? and does it fit on a sidewalk angled? o also do you have any pics of it?

4. mercer_me

It's very easy to angle. I don't plow sidewalks (there are no side walks in any of the towns I plow in) so I wouldn't know if it would fit on a side walk. The only thing you have to do when you go to angle it you have to clean the snow awy from the angle lever (when the snow comes over the blade it builds up there). I've had mine for 4 years now and it's also like brand new. When you put the plow mounts on you may have to add washers (you will se what I'm talking about when you put the on). I had to with mine becouse they didn't stick out far enough and my plow kept falling off, now I don't have any problems with it.

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

do you know the measurements of the plow where attaches to the quad? I am wondering if it will fit on my cycle country mount or not. Ya my plow I have to also clean the snow away from the pin to angle it.

6. mercer_me

It's 19" wide were it hooks on.

005.jpg

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

yep it will work then. must be the same hookup as a cycle country then. cool so I wont have to make a new bracket or buy one :) I can't wait to plow with this new plow. hopefully not as much snow sticks to this one as it did to my other one.

8. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

I think the mount is different. The Cat one has a latch that snaps over the pin of the mount, the Cycle Country is a pin inserted through tabs.

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya I just noticed that. it isnt a big deal I will modify it to fit.

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

o nvm lol. I went outside and crawled under the quad and the arctic cat plow is wider then the cycle countries. o well. I will have to modify the plow then :)

11. mercer_me

This is a picture of the shackle I put on the plow.
    [​IMG]

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

alright cool I will have to buy one later on. My buddy is going this morning to get it and he gets outof work at 3 so i will have pics later on.

13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

here are the pics. It is in very good shape. It needs to be cleaned. it is filthy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  14. mercer_me

Is it just my computer or does anybody else not se the pictures?

15. mercer_me

Sorry, I can se them now. I can se that your winch hooks on a little diferent than mine. But the clip at the end of the chain is the same as the one I had on my plow.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Ya I meant to ask ya what is that for?

17. mercer_me

That plow didn't come stock with that chain on it. The guy you bought it off must have added it. I don't know why you woulound want it on there. You should take the chain rite off and put a shackle on like I said erlier.

18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Ya I am going to remove the chain. I have to buy a spring for the lever because it doesnt stay locked in. The spring is missing on the bottom of the plow. I have to do some minor modifications to get it to fit my plow mount.

19. mercer_me

After you make all your changes and you get it on you ATV put some pictures on hear. I think you will like it. I like mine. Good luck with it this winter.

20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I wil for sure get pics. I think it will be nicer to plow with then the 54" plow. I have to make a few changes to make it fit my quad but not too many