1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions: 2009 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by canoebuildah, Aug 22, 2014.

1. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I am in the market for a newer plow truck. Any thoughts or feedback on using a 2009 Dodge Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi as a plow truck? I have confirmed through Blizzard's Power Match that I can use my 810 Powerplow on it, assuming I can find the old parts.

I will be switching from a 2005 Chevy 2500 Extended Cab 6.0L. I plow three miles of gravel roads and three houses with large driveways.

2. canoebuildah

What is the deal with Dodge's snow plow prep packages? Are they included with HD Rams? Is there a way I can tell if the truck I am considering has the package?

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

It's nice to have, but not necessary. Mine has the plow prep package which includes dual batteries and a 220 amp alternator. You can definitely use a truck that is not plow-prepped though. As a matter of fact most of the guys on here don't have "plow-prepped" trucks that came from the factory that way.

4. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I think the plow prep also includes different front springs to handle the plow better. I live in Southern New England and most dealers order their trucks with the $85 plow prep option. It will be listed on the window sticker if the truck has it. If the truck is used have a dealer run the vin# and they can tell you.

5. canoebuildah

Thanks, I had the dealer run the VIN and it does have the Plow Prep Package. I have purchased the truck as it has not been plowed or even towed. I will miss some of the Chevy features that the Dodge does not have. I would rather an extended cab than the crew cab as I am looking for more tool, equipment and dog storage than passenger seating. I am disappointed with the lack of underseat storage that the Dodge offers.

In my current 2005 Chevy 2500, I can store four ammo boxes under the rear seat and won't be able to store even one in the Dodge.

6. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Not sure what Chevy offers for under seat storage but my 2010 Dodge has under seat storage and I'm pretty sure my 03 and 04 did as well. Does you truck have the fold flat floor option?