1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

opinion question ??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by groundbreakers, Feb 8, 2008.

1. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

how many guys run full size lightbars just for plowing snow ??? or do you just use the mini bars for plowing ?? which is more popular .... im debating if i should install my full size bar or just keep the mini on top .....

2. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

IMHO, only run a full size lightbar if you will be plowing in heavy traffic areas, roadways and such. Otherwise for residential work a mini bar would work fine.

Also what type of full size and mini bar are we talking about?

3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

whelen 12 strobe lightbar w/ rear flashers .... or my current LFL Patriot mini 4 strobe / 2 led ..

4. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Fullsize whelen with 8 strobes.

5. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

our pickups have mini lightbars some have full size. and some have taillight flashers as well. plus 2 tir3s in the grill.

our small dumps. have fullsize lightbars. rear bumper and grill mounted tir3s. and hideaways in the sander.

our big dumps are outfitted like DOT trucks plus a fullsize LED lightbar. also have tir3s on back bumper and grill.

our lights used year round. not just durring winter. so we need them well outfitted.

personally i think fullsize 6-8 strobe or LED lightbars are the way to go. whelen preferably.