1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinion on new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mustangmike45, Jan 9, 2008.

1. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

Well I just got back from my local GMC dealer and was quoted the following. For a brand new 2007 2500hd W/T, reg cab, carpet, power lock and windows, cd player, 6.0 liter motor and auto tranny for $23500.00

Now the truck doesn't have the snow prep package, that is the only thing that i was unsure of. Is this really needed or can I just add a 2nd battery and call it good? Also, truck is navy blue in color and not black like rest of my trucks are but it will cost another 5,000.00 just to order a 08 in black with same options.

You guys think this is a good deal and i should get it?

thanks for the help
  2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a pretty good deal, however I think if you put a plow on it w/o the plow prep you automaticlly void the warranty.
  3. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Yep, i'm pretty sure the dealer can add that one for you though before you take it home. ($$)
  4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Also remember with the plow prep you get a bigger alternator on it too. I too believe your warranty will be void if you put a plow on it. What did the dealer say about putting a plow on it?
  5. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

the dealer didn't say anything about voiding the warranty without the plow prep package. He knows I will be plowing with it as I have bought 3 trucks from him in the last 2 years and all of them had plows. I will have to ask in the morning, thanks for the advice guys!
  6. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

Rule number 1 when dealing with new car dealers - if their lips are moving they are telling you a lie. Whatever he promises you get it in writing. Get the plow prep package or you will void your warranty, and seeing it's a GM product, you will need that warranty for sure.
  7. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Sounds like a good deal.
    Depends on the dealership.The one i worked at for 6 years never bothered most guys running plows around here.Most things would be run through for warr.But some dealers can be tools.Still a decent price though.
  8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Yah thats a good deal. The local dealer tried to sell me the same truck for $27K!!! You can buy the plow prep package & the dealer will install it for you.