1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinion on new tires

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by WayneSnow, Dec 3, 2009.

1. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Are you going to use them while plowing?? The Zillas might not be too bad, but the kendas will probably rattle the teeth out of ya at slower speeds on hard pack.

3. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

yes i am going to be plowing with them

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I would go with the Zillas then. Shouldn't be as much bounce at slower speeds. I take it you like to play in some mud in the summer:)

5. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

ohh yeah!! like to get dirty. but i ride on the streets ALOT and kill my tires

6. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

just ordered the zillas, thanks for help Sierra

7. leroyh

leroyh Junior Member

i have 28" zillas on 14" rims and they are great i have not had them in snow yet but we are getting some right now :):)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

nicee pictures, looks awesome

9. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

bad choice imo, they will wear everything out quicker,you'll see, but for just mud they are awesome, terra cross tires have my voteas do maxxis bighorns also

10. Maybe look at the Tundra Cross. They're designed for snow and ice

[​IMG]

I used the TerraCross and they held up very well and gave great traction also good on lawns on the summer. From the look of the Tundra Cross I'd say they'd do even better but I've never tried them personally.. Mud Lites wore out in no time.

11. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

you sure jump the gun on things, post 1 day and buy the Next :)

I would have said find out witch tires will last longer running on pavement and get them.

if the Kenda's are a off shoot of the Titan 589 I'd would of sad them. I have 589 for my summer tires and have plowed with them and they did better than the stock tires no doubt. then I put tire chains on my stock tires and that was way way better than even the 589's.
    the only draw back to chains is if you spin alot you can leave marks depends on the surface your plowing.

The Zillas will be fine for plowing the only thing is they might where down fast is all if you due alot of road travel around.

Zillas are better in the Mud by far.

good luck

sublime out.

12. UTAH

UTAH Member
    from Utah

Man, I couldn't imagine dropping that kind of coin on a set of tires I was just going to burn off plowing snow! I got a new set of Maxxis (can't remember the model) on aluminum wheels for $400 of a RZR. They work great all around, but I tend to avoid mud generally. Both of those tires seem like they wouldn't work that great for plowing snow. A good tire for traction on hard slippery surfaces is completely different from a good mud tire. A mud tire you want lots of void area which will sink into the mud and grab. With those very little of your tire will make contact with anything when you are plowing snow on a hard surface. I think my top choice (money aside) for plowing snow would be a Maxxis Bighorn or something similar.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  13. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

These arent too expensive, and I will probably end up replacing in the spring. Had to decide which tires i was going to order within an hour so i could get them next week

14. leroyh

leroyh Junior Member

zillas only good for mud HAHA they are a all round great tire outlaws are a full time mud tire

in no way are they a bad tire i have 28" and next i will have 30" zillas

i have 500 miles on mine and alot of that was on road and they are still just about new

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I think between the two you were better off with the zilla's. Because My buddy has the executioners on his quad and when we rode in snow and mud. If he tires started to slip he was stuck. They dug themselves a hole quick.

16. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

your clueless dude , i have 500 miles in reverse on my quad, trust me when i say they will wear things out, when you actually get some miles let me know

17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I would get the Zillas becouse the Kenda K538 Executione are going to ride very rough when you are going slow.

18. leroyh

leroyh Junior Member

:laughing::laughing:mabe i should add that i do put on more than 2000 miles every 6 months mabe more this winter

yes things could wear out we like to ride in the mud in that kind of riding even stock tires wear stuff out ( i do more than push snow )

EVERYONE i ride with has 28" + tires so i think i know about mud tires

back on topic now

let us see some pics of them zillas when you get them

19. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

The zilla's are awesome because of their weight. Its all rotational mass but lighter tires are a little easier to spin, meaning you can go up an inch or two depending on your clearance. They are awesome tires though. Leroyh- do you have a clutch kit/ gear reduction?

20. leroyh

leroyh Junior Member

no clutch kit my bike is stock but i am going to do some clutching sometime for a little more bottom end power
    but still because they are so light i can still turn them like stock