1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

opinion on deere 310c?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bullit340, Sep 9, 2009.

1. bullit340

bullit340 Member
    from Mass

I am thinking of picking up a bigger machine and was leaning more towards a backhoe so I can use the backhoe during the other 8 months of the year vs a wheel loader. I am looking at an older 87 deere 310. Any pros or cons i need to know about? I want to run a 12' pusher

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have spent a fair amount of time in 310's but mainly D's and newer. There great machines, I love them. Ran a 310G that had 12khours on it and still ran well. Just make sure to check the all the pin's, if the pins are in bad shape that usually means the rest of the machine had poor maintance.

3. stauffer.80

stauffer.80 Junior Member

We have a 310C and it is very reliable. John Deeres usually start very well in the cold, and it handled a 12' pusher. You may have some hydraulic hoses to replace since it is older, but if you take care of it, it will take care of you.

4. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Right now I have a 2008 deere 310 sj tool carrier and a 1997 Cat 416 B. The both push a 10 ft protech pusher well. The steering is a little tricky though. I would buy another Cat If I could do it over again. One thing on the deere that really helped for pushing snow was not using the float and using the ride control instead. It allowed for much better steering. How much are you looking at spending on a used RT Backhoe?

Keith