1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinion needed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rthomse, Apr 8, 2005.

1. rthomse

rthomse Junior Member

While looking for a new truck I happened upon a 01 GMC HD with a utility body and a Western power angle plow.I know the trucks owner and the price seems right 15K with the plow 60 K miles on the truck.Is the Western a good plow? I get alot of opinions,mostly from Meyers and Fisher owners. For plowing I'll be a subcontractor for larger commercial parking lots. I really want to move on this deal,new truck prices are really "gulp" impressive. :yow!:
  2. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

It really has to do with preference.I have Westerns,Fishers and Meyers.The deal doesn't sound so bad...
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

yeah, doesn't sound too bad a deal. Western is the sister company of Fisher.
  4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Douglas Dynamics owns both Western and Fisher. Kinda covering the Midwest and out East. I have owned many Western Plows and have no complaints. The pro plows are great straight blades and the Mvp is not a bad plow either. As long as the plow is a "Pro plow" ( that is the model" )you should be in good shape. Its probally not a ultra mount, but other then the uni mount being a pain you will have a perfect commercial duty plow. Up until a few years ago, Western definately was the lions share of the market here.

5. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

western is one of the top plows available. i think you should do a search on western and meyers there are few problems with the westerns
  6. TriCountySnow

TriCountySnow Member

Tri-County Snowplowing & ice Control

Western is probably emergied as the primeir plow over the last few yrs. my Company doest about a million dollars a yr. in just snow plow and removal, Started with Western never had problem, and if you do 9 times out of 10 they will do what ever it takes to fix it. Once had bad wiring on plow western tech drove all the way from his home in snow storm and help maintaince crews fix it right there, that is service i think. the also have built some custom plows for our trucks, so they are very well established company, but it goes down to what you can afford, no need to have top of the line plow for 3 small lots, dont spend 7000 dollars on something that you cant pay for with in the first yr. but all in all i think that you are getting a wonderful deal, wish i could find those. they want to charge me full price and then some. :)