1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opening Drive Lanes w/ an Ebling

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by bosman, Feb 23, 2015.

1. bosman

bosman Senior Member

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Strange, I thought Eblings were useless except in just a few, limited situations........
  3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Looking good! Loved mine on Saturday!

Let them keep thinking that Mark!
  4. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Mark, yes, most of the time its basically a really expensive bumper. Of course that is until it is turned on. I don't know if they will ever catch on here in Columbus.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

6. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

question why not use the front blade at the same time?
    windrows too heavy/big for ebling to hit?
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Cool vids. In these, do you have both wings straight out, or is the passenger side at a 45? It appears as though the snow is being slightly forced somewhat to the driver side? Also, is the front blade on the ground as well? If so, in what position? If not, why?

Is your pump for the Ebling mounedt to the plow itself.....or is it housed inside your toolbox(or a separate compartment in bed)?
  8. bosman

bosman Senior Member

If I'm just doing drive lanes there is no need for the front blade, I mean I could put it down but I gain nothing from it in this case.

When the lot gets scraped, both plows are down. The front is angled away front the building. The Ebling wing closest to the building is at 45 and the other is all the way open moving the snow an additional 4' from the truck.
  9. bosman

bosman Senior Member

In this video both wings are opened all the way, snow is rolling off both sides of back blade.

The pump on my Ebling is mounted to the plow, not the blade, but the bracket that slides into the back of truck. I believe the older ones were in the bed of truck, but I could be wrong. In this video, http://youtu.be/kT4pNnp-T5c, you can see the small black box that covers the pump.
  10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That doesn't makes sense. You gain nothing, but then you say you run both to scrape the lot.

So does that rear plow scrape better then the front plow ? or the other way around ?

From watching the video it looks like its leaving a thin layer.

One other video you had, you went over one section 3 times on third time it was looking pretty good.

Guys in my area they run both plows on the ground pretty much all the time. Double scraping but they run there own brand, that they make.
  11. bosman

bosman Senior Member

You see the black pavement behind the truck, the Ebling is scraping just fine, why would I put the front plow down to "double scrape" if it is not needed. For this snow, in this instance when it is still snowing, I did not think both blades were needed. Had the Ebling not been getting all the way to the pavement I would have both down. Next time out I will put them both down and take a video, I do not think you will see a difference while opening drive lanes. Plowing with an Ebling is very unconventional and sometimes hard to explain. Either way, my plow times were cut in half with the Ebling.

When the entire lot gets scraped the front blade starts the wind rowing process, the Ebling throws it another 4'.

The thin layer that is left is due to the rubber edge on the wings. I'm not sure which video you are referring to as far plowing same area 3 times, sorry. Maybe on a short driveway where I have to lift to gain traction or have to stop because of oncoming traffic. You say guys in your area run both blades down all the time, why?
  12. Antlerart06

Sorry but what you said that I quoted you on didn't make sense.

Guys here I don't know why they run both down. My thinking on it there front plow isn't scraping Boss V plows. I had a Boss V they don't scrape well.
    Never ask them either. They are stuck up.
    I plow a lot that joins there lot and I run front plow and they run both plows. You cant tell the difference. Then they apply way to much salt but they sale it by the ton so they pour it on. All there lots are white few days later from the salt.
    They build Snowman plows, They from Iowa and they drive to Missouri to plow snow and that doesn't make sense either 50 or so miles.
    Money must be better here then in Iowa.

Video seen on your Youtube account, You plowed think front of a building and park cars, You plowed down and dump your load ,raised plow back up and went back to the start did it 3 times and video was over.
  13. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I think I'm most impressed by your camera work. Every time I try and take a video it looks like the Blair witch project.

Great way to move a bunch of snow in a hurry!
  14. Greensway

Greensway Member

Bryce, looking good with your new toy,, can't wait until spring to wash up trucks & plows ,, I have not got my new toy out to the track yet,, I Boosted the power up a bit...

kb 3.6 small.jpg

36KB E85.jpg

kb 3.6 small.jpg

36KB E85.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  15. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Let me start by saying I didn't post these videos to get in a pissing match. That being said, I don't think there is much I can say to you that will make sense. Not much makes sense to you, therefore this is a waste of my time. I do not believe all back blades are created equal, I like to buy the best, thus the reason for an Ebling. They might need both blades because the snowman doesn't scrape well for them, I've never seen a snowman in action, other than Frosty that is. I do not know about Boss V's scraping ability, I have never owned one but hear good things about them. These fellas might not be stuck up, they might just be busy and don't have the time to stop and explain everything to you.....it probably wouldn't make sense. I also do not have a reason for them to drive 50 miles to plow, but I bet they do, to each their own. Which brings me to my next point: there, their and they're all sound the same but have different meanings, please refer to the dictionary for a better understanding of their definition.

I took a stroll down memory lane and watched my videos on youtube and you must have me confused with someone else. I do not have a video in which I make 3 passes on the same spot, sorry.

To answer you question about which scrapes better, I would have to say they both scrape equally. Down pressure on the Snoway, when needed, and down pressure on the Ebling make them both scrape great.

Hopefully this all makes sense.
  16. bosman

bosman Senior Member

George, thanks. I can't wait to wash and sweep the new truck. I think your toy is a little faster than last year, right? Is that the fastest Roush in town? If not now, I bet it will be after this winter. Let me know when you go to the track, I'd love to see that thing in action.
  17. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you pretty much nailed it on every point there..............:drinkup:
  18. Antlerart06

So this isn't your Video then
    3 passes and finally the last one looks the best

Sorry if its not you I thought it was your video

I didn't ask about which one scrapes the best

I will quote you again
    {{{{If I'm just doing drive lanes there is no need for the front blade, I mean I could put it down but I gain nothing from it in this case.

When the lot gets scraped, both plows are down.}}}

If you don't gain anything in the lanes why do you run both in the lot to scrape.
    Is there something different about Drive lanes VS the rest of the lot?

Trying understand your comment
  19. Greensway

Greensway Member

It put 640 to the wheels when I got it, then took the TVS 2300 off of it, and put the Kenne Bell 3.6 liquid cooled on it... added 200 more horses ( gotta luv the corn! ). Took it out to test it and the launch screwed up my back, ( L5 ) and have not been able to go to the track,, been beefing up my back for this spring,, should be mid 9's..
  20. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Everytime I see a ebling I'm impressed.

You running that on a duramax?
    Sounds like it.