1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Open lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Burkartsplow, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

125000 sq ft lot. i have a 7/5 meyer poly. what do you think the time frame for 2-4 inches. i was thinking 2 3/4 hours or so.

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

do u have pic of the lot?
    and i also just noticed ur from cleveland i am from solon

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  3. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

time

Does your plow have wings and how many obstructions do you have to work around?

4. Burkartsplow

No wings.it is poly and i dont know how i coudl attach them. no obstructions with plenty of places to put the snow. i plan on breaking it up into sections and having 3 large areas for snow. the lot just got newly paved this past summer it looks like and nothing in the way except for a light post here and there. they never use the whole lot and they said you can pile it up in a few areas. as long as in front is nice and clean. I have always plowed with a 7.5 and i am as fast and efficient as anyone else out there with it. I wish i could find an 8.5 meyer polu or steel with the ez mount plus so I could change them out when I go to this particular lot. it is close to my shop and would not be a problem or inconvience. the lot is 550x215 or so in size.

5. Burkartsplow

no pic, but it is 550x220 or so in size wide open and plenty of places to put snow. so are you filled up for the season. my gf works in solon in some large idustrial park. i cant remember what street it is off, bu they line up and down the road.

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

1 hour, 1.5 hours
    maybe?
    wide open lot right?
    125k is 2.5 acres, wide open and easy run.
    I have a 3 acre lot that's like a big U (building in the middle) and it barely takes 1.5 hours. (although I have a 8' with wings, but still, not doing a lot of wing work in this lot)
    I can't imagine your lot taking almost 3 hours.

7. Burkartsplow

well there are cars there from 10 am to 3 am. the hours of operation. so they are taking up the first three or four rows that run perpindicular to the building. I have to get out and do some walks and that. i was thinking to go in and there and to plow everything and snow throw the walks and to salt it will take me 3 hours. i hope itis less.

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

well
    that's not what you said before is it?

and it also doesn't make sense.
    Why would you sit your plow truck for an hour or so while you do the walks?
    Hire a shoveler and keep your plow truck running.
    A shoveler bills out at about $30/hour, a plow truck bills at $100 plus.

9. KGRlandscapeing

i am not even close to filld up yet i am on the hunt still . and thats a heck of a lot for one truck ur gonna look at 200 a push or better i would guess 1.5hr if u get stuck or need some help or whatever 440 781 7888 i am kevin

10. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

Time

Without wings you will be doing a lot of clean up, but you should be able to do it in 2.5 hrs if your experienced. Myself I would ask for three hrs at my per hr rate then if I had to drop down to the 2.5 to get the job I could. I always bid .5 to 1 hr longer then I think it's going to take on large lots so I have room to negotiate if I have to. If I don't have to then I am further ahead. Its easy to bid low but when you do theres no moving up. Bid a little higher then you can negotiate if need be.

11. Burkartsplow

I think i am going to go at 3 hours. I can do the lot in 2 to 2.5 like you said and then it will take me about a half hour to do the walks and everything. that is a god idea with the extra .5 to 1 hour to help with negotiations. The cars up front should not be to much trouble. hopefully I can get this one and feel comfortable for the season.

12. Burkartsplow

help

Kevin,
    Same here. I will keep your number on hand. most of my work is cleveland and just west in lakewood. It is always a good idea to have someone out there that could help in a situation. thanks aaron 419-290-0230

13. Smokey5826

Smokey5826 Junior Member

KGRlandscaping - I also live in Solon - cool

14. KGRlandscapeing

with in the next week ill have signs on my truck the trailer probably wont get it till spring now. r u filled up yet for plowing?

15. Smokey5826

Smokey5826 Junior Member

for the most part, I am filled up. To get filled up, I decided to sub for someone. It pays pretty good, so I have no complaints about that, plus all his accounts are literally around all my accounts.

16. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

plow extenders

Burkartsplow, you can get a few different products that bolt to the cutting edge that will give you a little more width for plowing if you are going to need it. Curb guard, edge guard, plow guard, something like that.There is a guy here in Fairport that makes plow extenders and sells them on Ebay. None of these are as convenient as plow wings that come off with pins, but better than nothing.