1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

This is what happens when the ice is not removed from an ice storm that is immediately followed by a snow storm. I felt sort of bad for the driver cause he is very cautious and it was his first day back with us this year. He made the turn into the driveway and slid all the way to garage. We had to pull him out with a strap after we blanketed the surface with grit mix. Special order door $650. 2" from the car. Clients were pretty cool about it considering it was 1AM.

2. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

yikes. dang lucky he didn't get the car atleast
  3. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Bummer. At least he missed the car. I'm betting that car costs more than $650.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good thing they don't need to leave for work right away.
  5. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

I find it ironic the customer has two bags of salt in the garage. Unless it's water softening salt for the house if they have a water purification system.

But yeah, look at the brightside at least it's just the door and not the car or wall on either side.
  6. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

Yeah - looks real familiar! Did the same thing a year ago. The garage door I hit though was a custom sized door! BIG MISTAKE! The good thing was I missed their car because they weren't home.
  7. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

It's a good thing it was just the garage door and not the actual side of the house.
  8. shovelracer

We'll do this all in one shot. Yes I am very happy that they didnt hit the house itself. That would have been much worse. Couldnt tell you what the salt was for, but they most likely do have a water softener as almost everyone around does. Lastly the wife needed to get out in the morning for work so after I filled out a report we took the door off. Went back a few hours later with a cheapy door just to keep the neighborhood animals out.
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, yeah he's very lucky he didn't hit the car or house. Best thing is the customer was understanding.
  10. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Did that too. Longest 4 seconds I can remember sliding on the ice towards the door. Mine was a 16' wide and costed $1,050. Ice, a little incline, and 6" fresh snow = trouble.
  11. shovelracer

Insurance is on it. Not sure whether they are considering it auto collision property damage or commercial coverage property damage occuring while doing business.
  12. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Even good hired hands have bad days too. A moment that wont be forgotten for a long time. Probably wont every happen to him again.
  13. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

i bet they wouldnt have noticed
  14. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

That should buff right out.
  15. justwheelit

justwheelit Member

i have a buddy thay took out a center post on a 2 car garage.....funny now but not so much back then
  16. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

OUCH....well at least nobody got hurt and the cars not wrecked. Accidents do happen, thats why they sell insurance. Good thing your customer was cool about it.

I bet it woke them up.
  17. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Now you can get the blade closer for backdragging.
  18. overtime

overtime Senior Member

About all I can say to that is "wow".
  19. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

wow...thats what i call getting close to the door...lol
  20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Atleast you didn't hit the car.