1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

looks like someone pushed to much snow to the middle of the garage

2. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

3. SuperDutyFisher

SuperDutyFisher Member

Where did that happen?
    Wouldn't want to be responsible for that:dizzy: Wonder what it was like down below:eek:
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm surprised they even let them stack it on the garage anyways. We had to push it all off each time it snowed.
  5. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

have no clue where it happened i just saw the pics today
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Good luck with that property damage claim through insurance. lol

Nevermind how many cars (or people) got crushed.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

8. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

9. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

"thats what those gates on the edge are there for, there called no snow gates...you push the snow off the deck and pile it on the ground level."- i bet thats probably what the property manager said to the sub contractor
  10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats a poor design you should see the mountains the township makes at a park around here
  11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Insurance: "joe shmo insurance agency, this is joe speaking, how may i help you?"

Plow company: "yes, i would like to make a claim"

Insurance: "ok, please state the incident"

Plow company: "yea....umm....we caused the mall parking garage to collapse"

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

LMAO!!!:D :D So true So true. I dont think anyone carries a high enough GL for that kind of incident!!! Would hate to see the lawsuits!!!
  13. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

I'm no expert, but I have been involved with claims in the construction industry. Don't always think that the owner (mall/parking garage) is right. There are many factors to look at here. Sure there will be finger pointing up and down, but the details could get sticky. This could very well go in the contractor's favor. Did the parking garage provide load limits on the garage to the contractor? Did the contractor even request them? Was the garage adequately designed for snow loads? How detailed of an inspection was performed by the local officials? Clearly out of our hands and minds. But fun to analyze a bit.

In my opinion, the contractor was nuts for piling all of that snow in the middle. Like mentioned, sure it's a pain in the butt to keep pushing it to the snow gates, but I'd rather take the time to do that than the time spent in litigation over this one.
  14. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

alright i take that back i didnt notice it was a garage parking...should have thrown it over the edge
  15. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

That is exactly how I have always seen it done as well.

At O-Hare they have chutes for the bobcats to push to and trucks under the chute letting the snow just fall in to the beds.
  16. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i guess the contractor just made his own chute, alittle big though. :)