1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oops. The electrical box is ok!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Was backing up , hit the brakes, truck slid to the left. Right into the stupid electric box...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

also, for those that saw the other thread where i broke the return spring,,,,yea broke the other side this storm....
    [​IMG]

3. mreamer

mreamer Member

Have you figured out why the springs broke? Bad spring steel?

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

They break because spring returns are a bad idea. Much better to have double acting cylinders on a V. Just like the original Diamond Vs were designed with.

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Reminds me to never loan a truck to BNC. :)

6. Midwest BuildIt Inc

The springs just give out with time. the way they connect, there are constantly rotating back and forth with the wings. Metal can only rub on metal so long till it wears it out and lets go..

7. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Well one of his dents is due to the fact that we act like we are 12 and we were screwing around in a lot and I hit him:p It was a fun night :drinkup:

8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

then you need 2 more hydraulic hoses to deal with and change to valve body around.

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That left rear could have been much worse off. I'd say that you got off pretty lucky. still sucks!

10. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

:dizzy: :D :D Isn't it great to do that every once in a while!!!

11. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

well that just gives you all the more reason to euro tail lights

12. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I think I have one left side and one right side tail light for an old body style dodge. I took the bed off of a 96 and put a landscape body on it. I will check if I have it you can have it. Just pay shipping.

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

We do that on the atvs once in a while, only we are closer in age to 12 so i guess it isnt as bad. lol I have chipped my rear bumper though goofing around and backing up to fast to hook up to our trailer. black bumper has a nice big green spot on it from the trailer.