1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OOOPPPSSS!! There goes the lawn

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NYplowboy, Dec 10, 2003.

1. NYplowboy

NYplowboy Member

MY first time plowing!, and what did I do?. I tore my lawn to shreads!, Shoes were on with all the spacers installed, still ripped up the grass, oh well its still fun! any hints for this greenhorn so this doesn't happen again?

2000 GMC Z71 ext cab, Fisher RD MM2

2. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

shovel...............:D

3. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

Put up markers on each side where the driveway ends.

4. sos

sos Member
    from NE Ohio

Yes put those markers up so you know when to lift the plow and not tear up the grass. I run my shoes with all the washers on top so there is only about a 1/8 gap under the blade. Shoes won't help scalping the lawns:nono:

5. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

Yea, it's real fun fixing those lawns in the spring :realmad:

Like SOS said, lift the blade a bit as you hit the edge of the driveway. The attached pic shows me pushing the banks 10' down my front lawn. In the center you can see I lifted it just right, but on the left I was a little low, thank God the ground is frozen solid :D

Takes practice, at least you didn't back into your house or your neighbor’s car :drinkup:

I got cranking last weekend and almost backed right through my garage door!

-Henri

toyplow1.jpg