1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OOOOOHH Look.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jon Geer, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

2003 GMC C4500 w/ BLIZZARD 8611, including the NEW touch pad controller.

Customer loves it.

Got more pics. available.

:waving:

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

More to come

Still interested?

3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Here comes more.

Check out the TRICK fold down light tower.:D

4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Get's TRICKIER

Look at the light tower latch.:drinkup:

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

How's this.

Check out the height !!!!!!!!!! WOW:p :waving: :cool:

6. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Jon:

I am assuming the 8611 comes from Blizzard with that light tower? The pictures don't show the lights... what is the customer planning?

Howard

7. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

Jon

show me the 8611 on a f350 dump.i have there video but they show it on a 550 i think

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

They could have made the light tower a tad higher,I don't think the lights would shine over the plow when it's all the way up.Does the tower come off with the blade ? or is it at least easily removable when the plow is off ?

The light tower latch also looks a bit light duty,but I guess if it doesn't support the plow at all,it should be OK.

Really nice unit though,If we can get a little dealer support around here,we may try a few next season.

9. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

how much $$$

John nice looking setup were in mich are you located i assume you sell blizzards not real excited with whofiels the dealer in saginaw mi i have a 03 550 cab and chassis coming in early april would be interested in how much the 8-11 would cost installed.
    I will be building the bed for the salt unit / spray tank iam willing to transport in lower mi for install if price is right.

regards fred

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

that truck is awesome! i really like the new style bigger chevies. It definately needs some lights on that tower though.

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Wyldman, you're correct, the lights shine on the back of the plow in full up. You have to adjust the plow for transport at night, but the added height is beneficial for stacking snow. I can stack up to the cab roof with mine. I'd rather have the height available and adjust than not have it available at all.

In the late 80s, Westerns mounted on GM trucks had these long extensions for the headlights to clear the plow, it made the truck look like something from a sci-fi movie, kinda like a bug of sorts.

:D

12. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Very nice setup Jon.:D
    Pelican I know what you mean about Westerns plow lights on late 80's chevy's. They looked really stupid and looked like the lights were right in the drivers line of site. If they had of been closer together it probably wouldn't have been as bad.

13. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Very nice set up!! I like the c4500 but wish it had 4wd will probably cost a fortune when it does :( .How much was that set up and will there be any plow lights installed for that unit?

14. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

To: Fred

Fred,

We are located in Byron Center, MI.

Give me a call, we can help with all your problems.

616-877-0800

Thanks,

Jon

15. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Light Tower

For everyone interested, we had to custom fab a light harness for the lights, because Blizzard doesn't make one yet..

The lights were not on when photo's were taken. SORRY.:eek:

Chevy will offer 4WD in the Summer.

Hope I answered all the questions.
    :drinkup:

16. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

nice rig...sure do like those blizzard plows

17. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

I get my new Chevy 4500 on Friday and wish we had a good Blizzard Dealer around here I would have probably gone with one, but I went with the Fisher cause that is what we run and the dealer treats us good. Maybe for the next truck though. Just My two cents

18. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey SLC1 there is a blizzard dealer near us somewhere i saw a sign in front of Petrucellis landscaping in Wallyworld for the blizzard dealer near us.

I dont know how good the guy is but i know there is a licensed blizzard dealer around here.

Jay

19. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

hey jason, post some pics when you get it. you got some awesome trucks, and im sure your new one will look great. did you get the chrome inserts for rims?

20. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

that kind of money invested in a setup i bet the customer is going to say he loves it.
    has he plowed with it yet? if not how does he know he loves it?
    impressive setup however.
    dan