1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ontario...worlds largest supplier of stolen heavy equipment!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Bajak, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

So far this year 68 pieces of equipement were stolen... I think they meant last year... But still, thats crazy...

3. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

The article was written in December.

Top three machines of choice- Case, Cat, and Bobcat....I wonder what they have against John Deere?:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i am serious in believing that it is time for some vigilante justice when it comes to thieves, cops just don't care

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The thieves know that is all JDdave uses and he scares them....:laughing:

6. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I heard that last year evergreen john deere took a deposit on 2 bobcats... came later and brought a truck and certified cheque, and left with the machines. turned out the certified cheque was a fake.

I really like my coded key pad for the bobcat

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

If you've ever seen him in person, you'd know why. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

WOW, that's not real nice, but you should have heard what he posted about meeting you!!!! :rolleyes:

I've long thought about going into parts of Canada snowmobiling, but heard too many times about rampant theft in certain areas. No thanks, I'll stick to this area until it's time to get rid of one of the sleds.

9. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

Not as bad as you think, I and many other friends have been all over Ontario, Quebec and the east coast and never have had a sled stolen. Not to say it doesn't happen, but don't let a few stories stop you from enjoying some of the best snomobiling in the world.tymusic

10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Do they ever investigate the leasing companies? Think about it.

11. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Makes me glad my crap isn't worth stealing.......

12. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

My memory isn't very good, but I don't think it was Ontario that was the area I'm thinking of. I think it was somewhere in Quebec. From the stories I read, the police were of no help. On a side note, do they have a speed limit in Ontario?

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm changing the catergory I had you listed in. ;)

There a few tractors stolen but it's mostly construction equipment and JD isn
    t very popular around here.

14. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda glad I got New Holland equipment.

15. Triple L

from Canada

Well my $60 "The Snow Plow" shovell just got stolen out of my dads truck last night :realmad:

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yuo sure get alot of shovels stolen.

17. Triple L

from Canada

my 36" last year and now my 20" this year... Man was my dad ever pissed, holy! He really liked that shovell.... Hopefully they will be at L.O.

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He's be more pissed if they took the truck. Paul sells the shovels.

19. Ford Guy

Ford Guy Member

a buddy of mine had his case 75xt stolen, then a couple of months later he seen a guy plowing snow with it just down the road from where it was stolen, he was lucky he could tell his machine because he welded brackets on the back to use as tie downs. he stopped and pulled the guy out of the machine, he said it was all he could do to refrain from beating the snot out of him

20. snowplowchick

snowplowchick Senior Member

Ford guy, Hope he called the police. I can't believe the nerve of that guy.