1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ontario Insurance.

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by scrad, Dec 29, 2010.

1. scrad

scrad Junior Member

Hey guys, looking for some contact info for insurance brokers in gta. Ive been plowing since before i had a license as my dad has always done plowing he got out of it about 8 years ago and we worked for other people as employees. We went out on our own this year and are having a horrible time with insurance. Just heard back from my broker and he said i have to go somewhere else.... and the season has already started! ( apparently he didnt understand our convo where i said im going to plow this year....) I've called a few other brokers in my area after searching and finding some are using Lombard.
    ........ They said no way without giving a quote.(local broker who uses lombard).... no one wants to insure plows from what im being told. what the heck is everyone else doing?

great site by the way,
  2. Ford Guy

Ford Guy Member

there's a company called southland insurance that advertises in Turf & Recreation magazine that says they cover snow removal, google them and give them a call. my insurance is through co-operators and i haven't had a problem with them
  3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I use co-operators for pick-ups and State Farm for anything over a 1 ton.

Can't explain why, but huge difference with State Farm and larger/commercial trucks - so I split it up this year.
  4. DNR

DNR Junior Member

Looking for Insurance came across this thread.
    Same here just renewed our insurancre this month with a 15% increase. We've had no claims since 86', actually we are rated as 9 star company. Whcih means no clains in the last 6-7 years. But still a large increase for us.
    Once this winter season is over We'll have to look for a new broker/insurance company