1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ontario HTA on lights?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by drivewaydoctor, Sep 20, 2014.

1. hey all

So a buddy and I were recently discussing the use of strobe lights and flashing lights. We know Amber is allowed on our trucks in Ontario but he was telling me we can use them any time anywhere even on roads while a plow is hooked up and when we are hauling a trailer.

I thought we are only allowed to use them when we are actually plowing and I didn't know we are allowed when hauling a trailer. His logic with the trailer is that it's just like a tow truck hauling a car.

Is there any truth to this? I couldn't find it in the HTA.
  2. Pool&Plow

Pool&Plow Junior Member

I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket or warning for having amber strobes on driving down the road. The only time I think I would personally do it is if I had an oversize load to move. Farmers run them while moving tractors and farm implements down the main roads, or when excavation companies move large equip like a 350 Cat which sticks out wider than their float trailer. To run them with just a normal landscape trailer, just cause you can, seems kinda pointless to me. It just will desensitize people to the use of strobes, which you don't want.
  3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I agree, use them for where you have to, but don't run them cause you can. You won't get a ticket, but like Pool said, its the desensitization of things.
  4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

There's a guy here that runs his strobes all the time hauling his little 16' dump trailer, I laugh every time I see him, what an amateur, look at me, watch out I have a dump trailer behind me LOL
  5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Its probably the exterior renovations guys from Ayr. :laughing: Probably poaching accounts offering mad discounts if they sign over to his co.