1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ONTARIO...10-15cm tonight!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by almostbk1stday, Jan 20, 2006.

1. almostbk1stday

almostbk1stday Member
    from ontario

Well, it's not the gold mine some have been wait'n for but it might put a smile on some faces. I for one think it sucks that God would put me in speedos today and in a parka tomorrow but my neighbours will be happier and less disgusted tomorrow (for sure!).

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

For Newmarket they say possible 8" by tomorrow afternoon. Whats wrong with 3-4".

3. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I know they are calling for a possible 5cm of snow tomorrow for my area....we'll see. I still have a lot of salt on the parking lots from the day before with the slick conditions....maybe it will burn it all off lol.

4. almostbk1stday

almostbk1stday Member
    from ontario

I plow several properties in Aurora and Newmarket. They are a nightmare. When it hits 5cm or slightly less, Im gonna get out there and plow these spots two or three times....otherwise, its gonna take me the rest of the winter to to 8 inches...................:cry: I wish I was a surf instructor in Hawaii

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Nothing listed here but rain.

I swear it feels like a breezy summer day here. If not for the wind, its t-shirt weather.

6. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

Well it's 54F in Windsor right now, but yet we are supposed to get 3-5" tonight and tommorow. What the hell???? I'll take it though, I'm going nuts waitingpayup payup

7. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

Geeze thanks for the visual!!! AHHH MY EYES:cry:

8. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

I Told yaas so

See i told you guys the snow was coming:rolleyes: ...will hit here in Erin at around midnight acording to my calcalations.. HEE HEE ...Ontario plow cowboys ...lets do the snow dancepurplebou purplebou purplebou

9. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I'm in Brooklin, a short jaunt to newmarket. When I'm done in the city I'm more than happy to help someone out for the right price.

I will be in Nobelton in the afternoon until about 2pm and coming home through newmarket.

10. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

In Wainfleet it's supposed to be all rain - I'll take it.

11. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

well, you jinxed us here :p

12. me1223

me1223 Member

we got a dusting here, less than 1cm.

13. rembrandt100

rembrandt100 Member

A lot of my places are in the Yorkdale area of Toronto. We got a grand total of 1" last night. Best Dec. and Jan I have had in years as far as income ratio to hours worked and I am loving it.

Dave

14. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

Well I love getting my gaurenteed hours from the company I sub for, I more so love the $500+ cash I make driving around after the storms.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We had 3 hours of mixed rain and freezing rain. I sent the salt trucks at 4 am. At 6 am they phoned to say it was snowing hard and in 1 hour we had 1". Next phone call at 8 am. Broken plow, broke the U bolt at the top of the Fisher plow that holds the chain. So my day started at 8 am and I plowed until 8 pm. Broke a hose at 6 pm but that was a 20 min. fix and away I went. Total snow 3-4" and 2 salt runs.

almostbk1stday

Where are you plowing in Aurora/Newmarket and what does your truck look like?

16. almostbk1stday

almostbk1stday Member
    from ontario

I have a blue 2002 dodge ram 2500 with a red Boss 8' plow. I plow just south of weldrick, near the old Walmart.

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Was the old Walmart in the Westen Produce plaza in Newmarket.

18. mr.plow

mr.plow Member
    from Toronto

Same here went out to plow only half the places I do(North york area). Second time I've only plowed slush with my F550 with a blizzard 8611. first was early boxing day morning. That combo doesn't like small amounts of snow:p