1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Only a few more weeks until the real deal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I figure there's only about 3-4weeks tops left until the real potential for snow is here. Who's ready? NOT ME,lol I still need to take delivery of 2 push boxes, a v box, get a tailgate spreader working right, paint our loader and run it down the road a few times, FF the underneath of our trucks and install some new lights, UUUGGGG!

My goal this year, besides keeping everything clear is to take awesome video's like 4x4Farmer in our loader.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

my equipment is going over to the lots later next week. ive got about 20 stakes to dip (replacing the broken ones from last year)but if i had as many as u need to do id spray them. quick, easy, efficient. people say you only plow, how hard is that? what they don't see is all the crap that goes on behind the scenes, eh Brian?

3. Brian Young

Yeah! this year has definitely been a learning experience! I was going to spray them but I couldn't find any fancy colors,lol, everybody around here is fluorescent orange, fluorescent orange with fluorescent green, yellow, blue....I wanted rainbow but people might get the wrong idea :D Yeah, those lots take up a few stakes for sure.

4. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I'm usually 100% ready by January lol
    We start prepping stuff thru the summer, our biggest headache is people taking their sweet time to confirm/sign up.

5. Brian Young

Well that goes without saying,lol. I was hoping to be ready to go by 2 weeks ago but thats wishful thinking. By next week I'll be good to go.

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Should be a good year! My ESP says pretty normal year across the board. But who knows what well actually see.