1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Online Marketing?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by solar, Sep 20, 2006.

1. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

Is online using online marketing much? Where have you had successes and/or what off-line methods are you using that you feel work best?

2. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

I had considered on-line marketing in the past but decided that the internet is too far reaching, how often have I done a search for a product or service and found thousands upon thousands of hits. You have to spend a whole lot of time wading through the hits to find anything that is remotely near you (at least that is the way it is for me) Retail and wholesale has great success with the internet but I don't know about the service industry. I had a web site for another business several years ago (again a service business) I think it got about 4 hits in three years. That being said, I am starting to collect e-mail addresses for all my clients and prospects and I will begin next year prospecting via direct e-mail.

3. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

So what's had the best marketing ROI for you?

We've thought about doing town-wide flyers, but the cost ads up quick.