1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oninions anyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by www.bluegrass, Dec 7, 2005.

1. www.bluegrass

www.bluegrass Junior Member
    from Ky

I just can't decide. I live in Louisville, Ky. we get maybe maybe 3 plow able snows in a winter and I'm having a real hard time justifying a $4ooo purchase I know I can make money but how much is the question? I contract snow removal for some accounts I have, so I make money. I see how much I could be making and I hate losing out on the real $. What do you guys think.
    I mean would you bother for 3 plows a year?

2. Check out how much money it would cost for insurance, gas, etc. Add it all up and if you can pay off you plow and break even in the first year, do it. All the following years will be profit. That's how I did it and the second year, I bought a V-box spreader and paid that off too Plus Profit. Now I'm 4 years into it and make 8-16k yearly BY MYSELFpayup

3. www.bluegrass

www.bluegrass Junior Member
    from Ky

Thanks Midwest the payup is to good to pass up. As for the insurance shouldn't commercial vehicle and a general contractors policy cover it.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

"Snowplowing" needs to be listed on the policies. Talk to your insurance agent>