1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by deere615, Feb 5, 2011.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Alot of you guys have been getting some decent storms this season. We here have had a pretty good winter so far, no major dumps but thats fine with me. Last year is when we had all the snow, SnowmageddonThumbs Up February 5th-6th 2010 one year ago today it all started a full month of non stop plowing! I will never forget it. We broke nearly every record, Figured I would post a little memorial thread lol!

My video from the events:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyMN9GGmvm4

And my thread:salute: I still get the chills reading my own thread lol
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=99761

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

the glory days:drinkup:

3. deere615

Tim you had it this year too! We didnt. Would you say this year has been worse than last year or was February 2010 worse?

4. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Snowmagadon? is that a name you came up with?

5. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

i wanted to forget that month 23 days strait at work

6. deere615

No The news stations around here came up with it and it sorta stuck thats why i called my video "plowing through snowmageddon"
    yep I will never forget it I might not experience it again yeah it was tough and I was dead by about the 20th of the month, plow sleep plow sleep and eat/go to school when i had time lol

7. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

8. deere615

Yeah ice sucks we had 3-4 ice storms this year already usually we are lucky to get 1. But we didnt have it as bd as others all ours were 1/2" or less

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

lol....yeah this year has been worse...limited or no melting between storms...must storms over 10 inches and no where to put it....pretty much have plowed once every week since xmass

10. Ah remember those days and the the subsequent weeks of cleanup quite well!!! This year has been kinder to us as far as snow depth but i have been plowing or salting at least 2x a week for the past several weeks mostly under 6" storms.....I'll take 2 of them a week anytime rather then a monster like that storm......To the OP you are young yet thats why you can say you had "fun" with that storm lol! I hate big snow like that.....until it is all cleaned up and the big $$$ checks start rolling in!!!!

11. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

That was a wild storm. i remember it just kept snowing and snowing and snowing. It was scary driving around trying to get to driveways, the streets werent plowed for a day or two, we had huge tree limbs snapping, power lines down all over the place and that was really heavy snow too. i remember plowing a driveway and listening to trees snapping in the woods. and then after that it warmed right up!

12. deere615

Ya I figured this year was tougher for ya
    Yes agreed I have been out alot but we really have not had much snow just a lot of salting which is fine by me. Yes I am but Yes storms like that are stressful and this year has been alot better.
    Yeah alot of power and trees down then here also. Its just crazy that this whole last year everywhere I would go i would remember what places/roads looked like right after that storm

13. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Yeah, 2010 was quite an experience. I love snow, but that was a bit much, lol. If Feb and March keep going like Dec. and Jan did this year with the steady flow of smaller storms, that will be fine with me. There is just as much money to be made I think with a bunch of smaller storms than there is with those monsters by the time you factor in the extra break-downs and wear and tear on your equipment, not to mention the wear and tear on your body and sanity, lol. To hell with this ice though, give me snow anyday...

14. deere615

Exactly I have made more this year than last I believe now I do have a couple more accounts But this yar has been great

15. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Yea,

We have now effectively plowed 3 (historical) seasons/events in the past 11 seasons.

110" winter (One of the stormiest winters on record)
    The following year pretty much the same....

This past week Feb. 2/3 then snow on the 4/5/6 Blizzard mayhem. 24" in one day.... ikes!

C.

16. deere615

WOW ya I am glad to say i was part of one but not sure I would want that much