1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One Ton sag

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Krafty17, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Krafty17

Krafty17 Member

I have a 1995 3500 cab chassis, 2wd with the 6.5l diesel in it. It has a 8.2 boss v hanging on the front. Ya ya I know not desirable but we threw it together just as a back up to ease my mind a little. Probably wont see much plowing, but just in case what can I do to raise the font end of this truck up. It would most likely be ok, but with employees driving it I want to make certain. I thought about bigger tires but there really isnt much more room in the wheel well to do that. I have seen front coil spring spacer kits to raise it around 2" what do you guys think will this work?? Any other ideas????
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't your truck have torsion bars? I could be wrong, but I thought even the 1 tons, have torsion bars. Anyhow, climb under the truck and crank up the torsion bars about 4 or 5 turns. That should make a huge difference.
  3. Krafty17

Krafty17 Member

I will check in the morning but I am pretty sure it does not have bars. My foreman crawled under it today and said there was not.
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No torsion bars on a 95 2wd

Bigger coils will help, as will Timbrens
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No T-bars on a 2WD GMT400 chassis, they're coil.

Simply add a set of coil spacers, they're available in 1 1/2" and work well and adds just the right amount of height for their $35.00 price. Then add a set of Timbrens too of you need a little more carrying capacity.
  6. Krafty17

Krafty17 Member

Well I got the leveling kit on and it worked great. Just the right amount of height that I needed and now it looks alot better even with out the plow on it. Was alot of work though. When I got into it we ended up replacing the front shocks, all new front brakes and tie rods while I was in there. Now that I got the thing all back together though it is making a poping noise. It only pops when making a hard turn at slow speeds. What is this is it the upper ball joints making this noise??