1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One ton of wood pellets (PICS)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jonw440, Nov 23, 2003.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

I went to pick up a ton of wood pellets today.
    It sagged 4" from normal stance. It road very nice!!

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

How much are you sagging after lugging them down the cellar stairs!
    When i was a lad my family burned firewood thru the winter,i can't count the trips up and down those damn cellar stairs:p Now we call up the big truck and he just pumps liquid wood into a tank,much easier:D
  3. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

What the heck are wood pellets and liquid wood? :confused:
  4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

LOL!,Liquid wood is fuel oil and i'm not sure of the exact composition of wood pellets though i have seen some that were of a corn by-product type deal.The pellet stoves were really big around here for a few years but they kinda died out:confused:
  5. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

Plain dry, shelled corn is popular around here. cheap and easy to get.
  6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Wood pellets is like a very compressed sawdust into little oval shaped pieces.They burn great pretty much the same concept has the corn type pellets.Pellet stoves have become huge here too and they do a great job.. we just got one a few months ago.
  7. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Thanks. I guess you really do learn something new everyday! :salute: