1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One To Three, What Will It Be....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowzilla, Feb 5, 2007.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Okay Chicago area, Tom Skillen said 1' to 3' tuesday and more to the west and south. The last two predictions of 1' to 3' were a whopping 1/2 inch of fluff!!! I don't know about you boys, but I can use a good 'plowin' !!!

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

They have been wrong for the last 2 years. I wait till it's ankle deep to get excited!
    My plow's been on for the last 3 months and I have not really used it YET !
    Best thing is there will be a lot of late model plow trucks for sale in the spring.

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

yeah im really not holding my breath. Im not even going to put my plow on. But I hope we get more than whats forcasted!

4. Last time I checked, 1' to 3' is a TON of snow....... I think you mean 1" to 3" which is more likely....They are sayin 3-5 here tomorrow..

5. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

good eye!!:dizzy:

6. stroker79

haha, yeah i wish it was 1' to 3'! i wouldnt know what to do withmyself! haha

7. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

It is going to depend on the temps.

If it is still this cold we wont get much. Going south the warmer it gets the more snow there will be up to the 30 degree line.

I expect a dusting. Maybe enough to salt but I am not sure the salt would do much good at these sub-zero temps.

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Here is a snap shot of the storm now as of 2:30 AM EST.

The top part is going to follow the coldest front line and swing into Ohio with a vengeance.

Or so they say. Calling for some parts of Ohio to get over a foot. Am not sure what it will do in the path it is following before hand but I look for northern Illinois to only get a dusting unless it pulls some warmer air up with it.

5L.jpg

5L.jpg

9. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

i just want to plow snow is that too much to ask for?

10. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

7 Hours later. It is just now spitting some fluff where I am near Wisconsin boarder.

5L7hr.jpg

5L7hr.jpg

11. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Hi Reaper! We are just a little North of U! We are near Burlington Wisconsin.
    Hope we get a littl. Can't stand for too much. Every one's recovering from the flu.

12. MBB

MBB Senior Member

just a dusting milw north side & now the sun is out

13. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

We ended up with a couple of inches of fluff here.

Enough to plow and salt but still am not sure the salt is doing any good.

I went out and after 5 hours and driving back by the 1st place I did the salt did nothing. I did not even see any moist spots from it but hopefully by tomorrow it will get above 10 degree's.

Going back out later for clean up's so it was a pretty decent day over all and hopefully it wont be to long before another event.

14. stroker79

yeah i had a decent day also. plowed a kmart, my 2 customers and assisted with a couple jewels. im tired and have to be at work for my "other" job at 10am. BUT!payup

although it does suck subbing, not as much money, next year i hope to have all my own customers.

15. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Dang that sucks, we got 6" here in naperville...Videos to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

woo hoo...

awesome snow...2+" in Lombard and 5-6" in Bolingbrook/Naperville
    Light fluffy snow, myself and my guys had a lot of fun with it, WOOHOO beats the heck out of the wet HEAVY slush that we normally see.

payup payup payup

17. Dent82

Dent82 Member

We got around 4 inches in central Illinois. Easiest stuff I have ever pushed. Did a mini-storage that takes me at least 2 hours in one hour flat. $$$$

18. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We got .4 inches of frigid powder and it was done!

19. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

we got 3.5" just over the border in lake county Indiana (dyer, munster, schererville)