1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One-Time Contract Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by catnip, Dec 2, 2009.

1. catnip

catnip Junior Member

Hi,

Last year I had my atv and plow and just used it around the neighbourhood to do driveways.

This year I have purchased a skid steer that I plan to use for snow removal in the winter season.

I have a couple of contacts with snow removal contractors and are on their call out lists.

I also plan to do some jobs on my own.

My question pertains to a contract when doing those one time jobs.

I know a lot of guys on here have seasonal contracts and I have downloaded a few good ones from here.

Is it wise for me to take one of those contracts and modify it for a one time job? Basically I want to make it clear about the cost of removal, what is included and make clear what I am not liable for?

Does anyone have any suggestions or a copy of something I could see/use?

Thank you for your time.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well it depends,you could just do a handshake if you know them. Or you could make a basic agreement form with how many hours they want and price. You will still be responsible for any damage you do.So you better have your own insurance to.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

For a one time push I go up to te door to get paid and then leave.
    If they are too cheap to be put on my route then they are the ones that will only call when they don't want to shovel.
    No contract needed.