1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One side of tailgate latch stuck on 90 truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dai Maxwell, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Dai Maxwell

Dai Maxwell Junior Member
    from Texas

I have a 1990 3/4 ton... not sure what model of truck, S10, I think, that one side of the tailgate does not unlatch when I pull the handle. This has happened before and someone was able to make an quick adjustment to it, but I don't recall what it was. It's a work truck and I have to open it upwards of 15 times a day (currently using a screwdriver to pop the stuck latch) Can anyone help me or tell me how to fix it?

Dai

2. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

3/4 ton --S10 ??

Pop the trim ( if you have a trim) off the tailgate latch & you will see 2 rods 1 on each side of the latch. The rods are held in place with plastic clips & you have 1 broken or missing buy both ( $2.00) pop the new clips in & then the rods & your all done. No adjustments needed ;) .

3. Dai Maxwell

Dai Maxwell Junior Member
    from Texas

Cool, thanks!

Dai