1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

one question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplowpro, Sep 26, 2011.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

you guys would know prob know this answer

there is a landscaping company by me in town they are subed out by lipinski snow services if there subed then they sub other guys from there pay roll how do they make any money if there paying for the guys they sub out just wondering.

then you look at there website and they got copy and paste pictures from diffrent websites of plow trucks.

2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

The money trickles down from the top. Management company getting cut, landscape gets a cut, then workers get left overs.

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

This is where you need to Be careful......If you are a Sub of a Sub that is subbing the work....The Money River Starts to run Dry by the time it reaches You.....payup

4. snowplowpro

from NJ

oh ok i see so im not subing for anyone unless there the company that is plowing for the lot that needs to be plowed.

also if i sub for someone can i be on there insurance or no just wondering or my truck would have to be registerd to that company

5. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

You are going to need your own insurance--especially to cover your OWN BUTT!! :salute:

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

yep the guy at the bottom will get the least $

7. snowplowpro

from NJ

forget it then i mean i have the insurance but i wont work for them
    they seem like cheap a****holes anyway .

8. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Now dont assume that. I sub for a friend Ive known for a long time and I make decent money. He subs for a huge local landscape company also. I do it because I plow for extra money. I have a construction business that is my main income. This is just fun for me thats why I do it. You definitely want to get your own commercial liability insurance and also commercial truck insurance just to cover your a$$ as mentioned. Alot of sue happy a$$es out there. I know companies around here at least subbing for $85/hour. Its not bad if you get alot of snow. If you dont you will still make money but may be hard to be only source of income after all of your expenses. You need to figure out what it cost to run your truck an hour before you do anything. I like subbing for the time being because I dont have to worry about the business aspect and collecting money. Thats a headache and I got enough to do on the construction side so thats why I have not ventured off yet. Maybe next year if I get time. No hurry for me really.

It never hurts to ask what they are willing to offer you. Compare that against your numbers and see if the profit is worthwhile. Also compare that against taking the risks and headaches in doing it yourself. Dont forget to include maintenance in your numbers. Good luck.

9. snowplowpro

from NJ

ok thank you for the info im looking into a couple people this week

one already said 50 an hour cash

got to check the others first