1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

one price???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowguy2004, Jan 9, 2005.

1. plowguy2004

plowguy2004 Junior Member

i have been in the snow removal biz for 2 years and have use the 2-4, 4-6, and 6+ for my incerments. i have been thinking about charging one price up to 6 inches and then charging a per inch fee for each inch over 6, do any of you guys do this and what are your thoughts on this way of billing.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, I have a variation of that in several forms. Mainly, I use it for very small places. Some I'll give a price for anything from the trigger up to 12". Others up to 8"; then over 8" to 12". No matter how it's priced, anything over 12" is $xx plus so much per inch over 12".

Usually you'll want to not use this for larger places. But I've got several that are literally push from the street for maybe 15' to 20' for two or three pushes. Most of the expense in these cases is the travel time involved to it and the next.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You might not want to charge for every inch as this might lead to arguments about how much snow there was. If you group you prices into 4-7 or 8-12(just examples) you might get less fights.
  4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

We charge 1 rate up to 6" above 6" we charge at 1 1/2 times the rate. However, any storm that has more that 7-8 inches will have multiple pushes. Rate is charged at the time truck starts the push....