1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One plow for 95 F-150 and 02 F-350?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rhetor, Dec 11, 2003.

1. rhetor

rhetor Junior Member

I have a 1995 F-150 4x4, and my father has a 2002 F-350 SD 4x4 PSD.

I'm looking for a 7.5' steel straight plow that'll fit both trucks.

If there is a main lift frame (sorry i don't know all the terms correctly) that will mount to truck frames on both trucks, that would be awesome.

I'm looking for used plows mainly.

Also, do you guys know if most of the 7.5' plows made for 1/2 ton trucks will fit with minor modification? If all i need is a lower truck frame (whatever actually mounts to the frame mounts on the truck) and i can use the lift frame, a-frame, and plow, that would be great.

Basically i'm wondering if i buy a 7.5' fisher, meyer, or other common plow from lets say a 95 or 99 chevy, will it fit my 95 f-150 without having to buy an entire main lift frame?

Thanks in advance- can't wait to get into the plowing scene!
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The "spread" on a plow should be the same. I have been told on Western and Myer this is true. You should be able to hook the plow up to either plow mount as long as it's a full size truck. I don't Know about other plow brands but I have been told " Full size spread" is the same from plow to plow. At least the old style that I use are. New ones are a different story.
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The point where the plow hooks up to the truck is the same from truck to truck per plow brand. A western unimount fits a western unimount, same for fischer, meyer, boss, hiniker, curtis, blizzard. In your case, the mounts will go on to the trucks differently because of the differances in the frames but the plow will still hook up to the truck. You will need to also wire both trucks to run the plow and lights.
  4. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Be careful on buying a used plow. There are vast differences on used plows. If you find, say a used Meyer or Western, you will need to get an entire "truck side mount" (truck bracket, solenoid, wiring, headlight relays, etc. etc.). One good place to LOOK, (I'm not saying buy, use your own discretion) is www.centralparts.com. They sell an entire "truck side mount" for various plows. This will enable you to use the plow (A section), pump, and blade from one plow to the next. If one truck is a late model (2003) you are limited to Western (uni or ultra mounts) or a Meyer EZ Mount, or Fisher or etc. Your older Ford MIGHT have conventional mounts available, but your new one won't.

Another word of caution, a dealer may not install on the 2003 350 PSD due to weight limitations on diesel trucks. You can see on various posts on this site the frustration this causes. Check with your local dealers on what plow prep packages, etc. you need. Its not a HUGE job installing a plow, assuming you have wiring diagrams, bracketry information, etc. If you run into a snag, most of the guys on here are very knowledgable. I know they've given me advice a time or two!

Good Luck!
  5. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I'm not sure what your situation on storage or spending is , but truckside mounting can get very expensive, very fast. A new truckside setup for most any commercial plows is in excess of 600 dollars from what I've seen. Considering you can get a decent used plow for 1000 bucks...maybe that might be easier then trying to set up two trucks for the same plow.
  6. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Mylawn03 has a good point, I was just responding to your question. The advantage to the two plows (aside from the obvious having two trucks running at the same time, which means twice the money) is that if you only have one plow to share on two trucks, if you have TRUCK failure, you simply hook the plow to the other truck. BUT, if you have PLOW failure, you are looking at two trucks, both with mounts, but no plow to push with. Think about the used plow route, just be careful and look it over well. Try to only find one that you can see operating.

Good Luck!