1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One piece wiper blades.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cjasonbr, Sep 19, 2008.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I've seen some commercials from Rain-x advertising these new one piece wiper blades. The commercial was saying that they are better in snow too because there are no pieces for snow to get jammed up in.

Anyways i was at Wally mart the other day and saw some one-piece wipers from Anco. They looked the same as the rain-ex ones so i bought a pair.

You guys seen these?

* Prevents ice and snow build-up through the elimination of exposed metal components
    * Durable, rubber-encased substructure increases wiper flexibility and adherence to the windshield in harsh conditions

2. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

I tried them last year and they froze straight and did not curve to the windshield.
  3. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I used the rain x blades last year and I loved them. They were a little pricey but it was worth the extra cash.
  4. Hunter9

Hunter9 Member

I use them on everything I own and have for a couple years. Trice started with them and then Ancos were a nice upgrade with a little airfoil on them. They work great IMO.
  5. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i have the bosch icons on my explorer, and i've used them since 2006, all in all they are pretty good..but i'm not 100% happy with how they work in ice/snow conditions i have to beat on them pretty regularly to keep them ice free and formed to the window.
  6. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i have the anco ones on my truck and they work awesome in the rain - well see how they do once it starts to snow....
  7. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

rain x ones for the last year. guess they work good because i havent really thought about it. you usually only think about something if it sucks and you have to deal with it.
  8. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I used the Michelin version for the first storm last season, they iced up immediately and I took them off that night. Went with the old school ones with the rubber boot over the frame, much much better. Saved the one piece ones for summer, they were ok, but I won't buy them again.
  9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Ive used ones from Anco (I think) for two years now and I think its time for some new ones. They worked a hell of a lot better than the regular winter blades did. They do freez up though, but a little smack and they are as good as new again. They were a little pricy at almost 45 bucks a pair!
  10. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I use these too, -Bosch Icons, they've been better that regular snow blades for me.
  11. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I bought the Bosch Icons too. I think that they worked great. Way better than the regular winter blades. they do ice up a little bit but nothing compared to the regular ones. IMO well worth the price
  12. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Thats my experiance with the ICONs as well. I like them overall, just have to keep the heat on the defrost the whole time to keep them ice free. On the really really really cold snows, your just stuck having to bang them here and there.