1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

one piece of equipment vs multiple

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by newlandscapes, Aug 13, 2015.

1. newlandscapes

newlandscapes Junior Member

have a debate with a buddy. we are talking about a large condo complex that needs to have the streets plowed and the driveways snow blown.

1- a tractor with an inverted blower and a front snow plow to plow streets
    or
    2- a tractor with an inverted blower and a plow truck to do the 30-45 minutes of street plowing

I lean towards tractor with the plow and blower, less man power needed and can do it quicker (man hours) then with two pieces of equipment. The downside is since I'm a smaller operation, if the tractor was to go down i could be in a pickle.

2. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

I was lucky my first season. We had a lot of snow and I didn't have a back-up truck or plow. Starting my second year I had almost a second of everything but only had to use my back-up truck for one storm. It's nice to have two, three or more pieces of equipment in operation but we all want as much money as possible in our pockets.

Michael

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with multiple pieces, for two reasons. 1) if something breaks down, then at least the other can finish the job. 2) you can get in and out much faster with two vs one.