1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One of two New Loaders

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Bird21, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Well new to us at least... 2005 Volvo L25B. The second loader is getting some cosmetic work and will be up here shortly it's a International 515

Was used loading light material and just sitting idle till we got it

I have a 12' Light Duty Artic Sectional on order but I am thinking it might be too be, Any thought???? Curious if anyone has this same machine that has a Sectional on it..

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

2. paponte

paponte Senior Member

I have an lw50 I only have an 8' on it. The thing is only a little over 50hp. Our skidsteers are more powerful.

3. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Anyone have this machine???? Gotta get the pusher this coming week and don't want to be under powered with to large of a pusher.

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Equipment is looking good! Now we just need some snow around here!

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

While it's not a L25: I had a L35... It will work, but a 10ft. would be better. I believe Neige just added a L35, see what he has for a pusher. The sectionals plows push easier than rubber edged pushers. Unless the snow is deep and wet, the 12' should be fine on your L25. You will just need to take smaller bites.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

we have run them on a cat 908,dont know how they compare for weight and power tho.

how are your tires?

7. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

8. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Yeah, I spoke with Arctic and a few others today and they all said 12' no problem. I have 62 hp with this unit and the lot will never build up more than 3-4" at atime time so I will be good. I was worried at first but then I remebered we will be there from the time the snow starts till the end so all good. A per hour contract so even better!!

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

The video posted above is mine. I have 2 L20F's. They will push a 12ft, but not as well as they do a 10.

Only real trouble we have ever had with the L20's is the ground speed. 12mph is a little slow, But in a parking lot with a pusher, they are hard to beat.

These things are WAY WAY better than any skid loader with a pusher!!

J.

10. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Well I went with the 12' Sectional and wow what a plow very happy with it.

Here are some pics on the Volvo and a picture of the auction special.

Lets just say She is not pretty but everything works and pushes like a dream. I will get some pics with the 12' Protech on it.

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

11. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

The first setup is going to be unstopable. The second one is a great loader, they were ugly as sin but we don't get paid for looking good, do we?

12. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Yah the pay is the same Cute or Ugly I was amazed when I checked it over I ran through the ringer on day day and not even a oil leak... Heat, wipers, lights, beacon, and a good seat all works. Cost about the same as a 9'2" Boss V Plow...

The Volvo does a factory all alone and the operator loved it, gave him the Sectional DVD to watch to learn how to use it properly. I have a great seasoned operator in it and he did great. We put down half the salt used last year scraped down to bare pavement.