1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One of my poly plows click when i move the blade

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Plow man Foster, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

This is not a new problem
    Its been going on since i got the plow from weingartz
    It clicks when i rotate the plow!
    This is the ONLY truck the does it
    all weingartz is telling me is that this is not really a commercial grade plow so theres nothing really wrong!

its a poly sport but it doesnt do this on my other plow so i assume its a wiring problem or something!

Anyone have this problem?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you bought it new, bring it back and tell them to fix it. Thats what I would be doing.

3. Plow man Foster

Hmmm... Yeah thats what i did. They are NO help! So i've/my guy (who plows the driveways) Has been dealing with it for 2 yrs.
    They Say "Oh its not a Commercial Grade plow...."
    ITs for sale now though!

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Do you have a different dealer in your area? I wouldn't use them anymore if thats the service they are giving you. I'd also call boss and explain your problem and tell them what your dealer is telling you. They wont want to hear that and I am sure they will make it right.

As far as your problem goes this one is a thinker. I know theres a solution. HMMM. When you say it clicks what is it doing? Like it wont do anything at all or?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  5. Plow man Foster

Oh no it moves... fine!
    If it didnt i would be really going off on weingartz

But i have no problems with the plow moving once it gets into position it clicks like its locking in position or something! happens every time the plow moves

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

sounds like a ground somewhere to me

7. Plow man Foster

I just called BOSS they said it might be a Solenoid... since its still under warranty i might go get one later

8. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Do you mean that you hear a click everytime you operate the controller?

9. Plow man Foster

yes........

10. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I know nothing about the sport duty or where anything is mounted or where you are hearing the actual noise but mine has done that since day one ... it is the solenoid clicking in my case. They mounted the solenoid directly on the steel firewall in my truck so the click is amplified everytime I operate the controller. I wasn't sure if this was a Boss thing or not as I've never heard this before since I began plowing 12 or 13 years ago. I just carry a spare in case I need it but it's held up for nearly 2 seasons now. Told by the Boss installer that it was normal. Like living beside a railroad track ... after a while you just don't hear it anymore.

11. Plow man Foster

Yeah see Thats prob. what it is!
    Im gonna take a look tomorrow after this storm passes... But that sounds like what it is..
    I've had it since 2009 never a problem. But yeah my worker drives that all the time so i dont really have to worry about it. Since my plow "works" as it should....

12. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Check with Billings in Royal Oak. They have an excellent Boss plow guy. I had problems with my sport duty and it was the solenoid. I first took it to the dealer that I got the plow from and they gave me some crap:realmad: about having to have the plow on the truck to fix it. The guy at Billings was able to tell me I needed a new solenoid(which is what I thought), without having to have to try and hook up the plow.(Couldn't hook up the plow because the solenoid quit working). No I did not have any clicking with my solenoid.

13. Plow man Foster

Man oh man! Just got a new truck and its doing the same thing! Monroe installed this one!
    THis plow is a VXT