1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

one of a kind F150

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by thesnowman269, Sep 3, 2011.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

After doing some research and a lot of searching ive embarked on a hell of a project. the story starts when my truck decided to take a poop on my way home from work about 2 months ago. leaving me stranded on a large bridge while traveling down the freeway, not fun. then again it was my fault for driving around with a worn out pressure plate. So i spent the next few weeks deciding on what i wanted to do with the truck. I didnt want a stock clutch replacement, or to buy a new clutch for a specific motor with almost 200,000mi on it. I spent alot of time searching criagslist for a new motor to go along with my new clutch. I was tired of the whimpy 4.6 that was in the truck so i figured i would look for something else. thats when i Came home with this :mechanic:

robbies v10.jpg

2. thesnowman269

so far ive gotten the original motor pulled from the truck. Im waiting to find a clutch that will fit the v10 and still be compatible with my 5spd transmission while also holding up to all the torque. I will be running dual electric cooling fans as there wont be any room for a mechanical fan, along with stainless steal headers and stage 8 fastners to hopefully avoid getting an exhaust manifold tick. down the line i will be upgrading to the larger 6spd tranny from a superduty along with some type of supercharger (at that point it will be retired from plow duty)

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds awful. U want power get a 12 V.

4. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Yeah, I agree with JDiepstra. 12 valve Cummins or 4 BT Cummins would be easier and more economical/durable.

kevlars

5. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

theres a ford v10 truck where i used to work and that things a total dog i wouldnt expect much from that toy motor. do what the other 2 said i have that in my truck and its pretty impressive even stock and gets over 20 hiway that v10 would be a sponge haha ask me how i know

6. JDiepstra

Let me clarify.... Dont put a cummins in an f150 and then a plow on the front of it. Your front end will be on the ground and your rear tires will be off the ground. What i meant was trade that truck in on something that will make some reliable power. That mix match of parts will be terrible.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  7. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

You mean a Cummins is heavy?:D You are right about that! 4BT might not ve too bad. But, I don't know about a plow on an F150, anyway. I would want a 3/4 ton, if it were my truck.

kevlars

8. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

this is one of those joke mistake ford f1250 things that the made a whole year with 7 lug nuts isnt it? the 6 cyl cummins is only half a ton...........

9. JDiepstra

Well the title says f150 but his sig says f250 so who knows.

10. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Well his pic in his avatar is an F150 and he said he had a 4.6. So I am assuming he is doing it t an F150. I say good luck. To me it doesnt seem wort it, but if its just a fun project, then go for it. Its only money. It grows on trees right?

11. thesnowman269

Believe it or not. Its actually a bolt in modificatoin. I would love to put a 12v in it but that would be a lot more work (such as a solid axle swap to support the weight). As far as money goes? I would have been sppending the same amount as rebuilding. The original motor so this seemed a viable option as the V10 has very low miles. And yes it is the 7lug version of the F150. I am not the only one to do this, I am however the only one I know of that has tried to try it with a manual transmission. From What I have heard it is definitely worth Doing the swap. You also have to remember my truck is not the same weight as a superduty there for I do not think it will be a "dog" as you say.

12. jimv

jimv Senior Member

i know its old any pic with the v10 in it

13. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Wonder if it ever was finished?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  14. devins

devins Member

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

16. thesnowman269

I have pictures and videos of it. I still drive it every week. Runs like a raped ape. Realized after completing the project that i needed something more reliable and sturdy for towing and plowing. Have been kicking myself in the butt for not just buying a diesel. However i am glad i did the project. I would have never learned half the things i know now had i not gone through with it. Almost a mechanics right of passage type deal. On another note its still forsale at a price i will never get as the trucks worth nothing to no one

17. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

since the introduction of the V-10 i have wanted to stuff one in a falcon.