1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

one more pic

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SNOWLORD, Mar 8, 2010.

1. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

2. cameron2171

cameron2171 Senior Member

hahaha nice log splitter wat is that like 60 ton

3. cameron2171

4. cameron2171

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] there is my splitter

5. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

WTF kind of logs are you splitting with that? lol. That things gotta handle 6' long logs. Can you imagine the size of the fireplace or wood stove those go in.:dizzy:

6. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

It will actually take a 9ft log and i built it for logs that are to large to run thru my firewood processor once the log is quartered then we run the quarters thru the processor this way all work is done with machines to handwork. I did the math and it comes out to around 80-90 tons of force been using it for 3yrs or so we build alot of equipment

7. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

that should take care of splitting my in-law in half.

8. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

video please of it in use

9. timberjack

timberjack Member

I once ran across a fellow that had a 16' stroke on his splitter. But it wasn't for firewood. He set it up to split fence rails for landscaping mass production, a'la "split rail fencing". Worked slick, but had a very thin shear for a splitting edge. Wish i had a camera then.

10. SawHoss

SawHoss Member

Snowlord, that's awesome. We don't do enough firewood for a processor, but we also cut it ourselves and sell and deliver directly to the end user.

11. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Thanks Sawhoss if you have a skidloader we have a processor that goes right onthe quicktach for 27k that will put out 2-3 full cords per hr just a thought I will try to get some video on here

12. SawHoss

SawHoss Member

I'll keep my eye open for the video. Thanks Again. Obviosly you guys are wholesaling. Any problems getting logs?

13. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

We have had trouble getting logs but have a good supplier now but over the years it has gotten tougher every year cant believe what Im paying for logs compared to 5yrs ago but what do you do gotta keep things moving. Bye the way Im putting the other 2 wedges on my big splitter tommorrow so I can quarter the long logs in one pass. I will try to get some pics

14. SawHoss

SawHoss Member

We get about 25% of our logs from our own cutting. No money in saw logs, so everything now goes for firewood. We also have a couple of tree services that make up the rest. It's feast or famine with these guys, but thats OK, all that costs me is a couple cases of beer! This was a slow winter, like everyone, but the supply is good for now. I do have a couple of sources if I need, but that costs. So for right now we'll stay small and see what happens. Can't wait for the pics!