1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One more biggie predicted for NE Ohio!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by friedlerpest, Apr 22, 2005.

1. friedlerpest

friedlerpest Junior Member

Get your plows back on guys! NWS is predicting 8-12 inches of accumulation after the initial melt off for the snowbelt and down to Mansfield Saturday night and Sunday.

If any body needs help let me know, I've got my 2 trucks ready to go.
  2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Yep you guys up North sounds like you will be plowing up there. 1-3 here and I bet it will all melt off, ground is way to warm to support this. Temps were in the 70's and 80's most of the week.

3. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

this is crazy, just got a semi load of mulch today and all the clean ups are done as well as round one apps. did first mows on all accounts last week, man i really dont want to dig out the plows and salt spreaders. please let this be all rain!
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My wife asked me why I have not taken the ballast out of the truck and put the plow in the garage? Well maybe winters not over just yet?
    This may end up the best second half of the season I have ever had!!!!
  5. friedlerpest

This will be the first time I have had to plow with my spray rigs back in the trucks! (talk about good balast!) Spent yesterday running the anti-freeze back in them again. Gotta love Ohio weather, cause if you don't like it, just wait 5 minutes, it'll change. :dizzy:
  6. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

I thought it was all over. I guess I was wrong. I had all my plow equipment pulled of both truck and I even pulled my boat out thinking I was going to take it to the marina this weekend to tell them to put it in the water. I guess i will have to wait 1 more week to put it in. at least the snow will make me money.
  7. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

so far so good, just rain and wet snow all day, they say we might get 4-8 inches by tomorrow night, but i dont think its going to happen
  8. friedlerpest

Well, this morning I have 2" on the ground, pavement is just now starting to get slushy. If it keeps up we just might have to push it around. NWS is predicting another 3-5 inches today and 1-3 tonight...
  9. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

If I remember right I don't think snow sticks to the ground when its 35 degrees outside with a high of 38 for today. :nod:
  10. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

dang it. wont quit, 4 inches on grass and lots are starting to slush up a little, calling for another 2-4 this evening, gonna have to at least salt and prob. at least push a little, depends how much melts on contact after sunset
  11. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

NE Ohios last storm?

We got about 2 inches accumulation on decks, tables, cars, ect but no accumulation to speak of on parking lots or my driveway. My real job is 30 miles north of Akron and we had enough snow to plow there.

Cleveland area had a record setting snow fall this season and many plowed at a record setting LOW PRICE! For the contractors who plowed by the push they had to have a good year.
  12. friedlerpest

Just came back in from the night from he!!, Southeast burbs of Cleveland got hammered with at least 20" in places. Tons of storm damage, downed trees and power lines. I got about 14" total. After it started to accumulate on pavement, we had to push about 6-10 this morning and damn was it wet!

When I went out at 2am several of the smaller townships that have 1 or 2 plows for side roads and depend on the state for the majors hadn't touched their roads. Gettin around in that was a challenge.

I hope this is last of it.
  13. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

had to plow 8 out of 18 commercial accounts, one side of route had 5 inches of really wet crap and the other side had rain, really a bizarre snowfall. i swore on sat. that i would not plow this late in the year but it kept comming and i had to cave. keeping the winter gear at the ready till may 1st from now on. dont ever want to scramble like that again
  14. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

One of the craziest weather weekends ever.Here in Richmond Hts. we got a dusting and it was gone today by noon...But 3 miles up the road look out it was a mess out there.We only plowed the people who called in and asked for service.It did turn out to be a money maker but not everybody got plowed. payup
  15. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

we didnt make crap, salt truck died halfway thru the night, had to get it towed this moring, dont know if its electical or fuel related but i know it wont be cheap