1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One Low Beam Headlight Not Working

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fordtruck661, Mar 7, 2015.

1. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

I got back from plowing the other day and noticed that the passenger side headlight on my Fisher MM1 was out. I thought no problem Ill get a new headlight, went and put it in today and still nothing.

So now I have both high and low working on the truck. When I plug in the plow Both work on high beam but only the driver side works on low beam. I have checked the connections and everything seems to be good.

I have had this plow on my truck and working for 3+ years.

2. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

I also have the same problem. Good bulb but no low beam pass side. Truck says lamp out. Bulb is good. Waiting on where to look next.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Is this the Iso setup or relay kind?

4. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

I don't like jumping a thread. But mines the ISO

5. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

i'd say something broke in the 11 hole (#26357) plug on the trk side cable which is most likely BUT if not there id say plow light harness plug IF you have another trk or maybe a buddies Id make sure his setup is working just as it should and if it is id have him drive in just close enough to connect the plugs if ur plow lights do what they should its the trk side cable or u drive into his plow if they don't work again its ur trk side cable etc......

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Had this happen this season. Was the truck side 11 pin harness. Storks had it the cheapest I could find at $130 shipped.

7. fordtruck661

from CT

Its all good I also have a 4 Port ISO

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck power out from the Iso....you cked the fuses right?

9. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Well all my power is good. Seems its a or some bad wires at the plug, Its where it goes in the plug, I'll have to get another harness. I was able to move it around a lot and get both the lights to come on or off.

10. fordtruck661

from CT

I also did some testing today and found that I do have power going to the ISO from both headlights. I also have power going out the both headlight. So when I get some more time Im going to do a continuity test on the 11 pin harness.

11. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

You might want to try the simple "wiggle test" on the harness. Turn the lights on and wiggle the harness and the connectors. I'm almost sure you'll find that this will lead to the light blinking on and off - which will lead to purchasing a new harness.

12. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

I just bought a brand new one off ebay for 76.00 6.00 shipping.

13. fordtruck661

from CT

I will give this a try.

14. fordtruck661

from CT

Thats a great deal let me know if it fixes your problem. Also if you find another that cheap.

15. fordtruck661

from CT

Just an update. When I did my continuity test I found that the wire for the passenger headlight was bad on the truck side 11 pin wire. So I ended up ordering a new one. Put it on today and am now back up and running. Thanks guys for the help.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  16. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

10-4 good to know